Fortune's most promising women entrepreneursSeptember 13, 2011: 1:28 PM ET
Fortune's editors have chosen the 2011 Fortune Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs. From a pool of 131 applicants, we've selected (not easily) 10 extraordinary innovators, game-changers and groundbreakers whose startups generated $1 million to $25 million in annual revenue last year--but appear poised to become large and global businesses.
That is, these women could be on the Fortune Most Powerful Women in Business list someday. (This year's U.S. and international rankings will be out September 29.)
Well on their way, the 2011 MPW Entrepreneurs are hereby part of the MPW community. These 10 female founders listed below will be our guests at the Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit, October 3-5 in Laguna Niguel, California. Besides hanging with Fortune 500 CEOs like Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo (PEP) and Ellen Kullman of DuPont (DD), they'll meet well-known entrepreneurs like Arianna Huffington (AOL), Tyra Banks, Tory Burch, Chelsea Handler—and Warren Buffett too. Many people forget that Buffett built Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA), once a small textile manufacturer, into a company that is now No. 7 on the Fortune 500. Buffett, the Summit's honorary male guest, dishes out good advice to the business-builders in all of us each year. No matter who you are or what you do, as he says, "Think like an owner."
• Miranda Bouldin, Logicore http://www.logicorehsv.com
• Sue Chen, Nova Medical Products http://www.novamedicalproducts.com
• Jane Friedman, Open Road Integrated Media http://www.openroadmedia.com
• Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Fleiss, Rent the Runway http://www.renttherunway.com
• Dawn Halfaker, Halfaker & Associates http://www.halfaker.com
• Clara Shih, Hearsay http://www.hearsaysocial.com
• Kara Goldin, Hint Inc. http://www.drinkhint.com
• Kimberley Graham-Nye, gDiapers http://www.gDiapers.com
• Katrina Markoff, Vosges Chocolate http://www.vosgeschocolate.com
• Demet Mutlu, Trendyol http://www.trendyol.com
Click here to see the 2010 and 2009 Fortune MPW Entrepreneurs.